The Johnson County Partnership for Water Quality was established in 2009. The roots of the organization are founded in the Water Pollution Control Act of 1947, the Clean Water Act of 1972 and the MS4 Rule of 1990 and 1999. The partnership is comprised by each community within the County to include the County Soil and Water Conservation District, the County Recycling District. The Partnership also benefits by collaborating with regional partners such as the City of Shelbyville and the Indiana Association for Floodplain and Stormwater Management. The goal of the Partnership is to share in the common goal of clean water and responsible environmental management.